Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel











I've been blessed to visit some beautiful places on this planet and stay in some hotels with great character. This major travel / adventure bug has lead to my desire to become scuba certified. What better place to explore than underwater? That's the last great frontier, right? I've visited all of the majorly inhabited continents (read I'm not counting Antarctica) other than South America. I hope to visit the magical land of South America soon and very soon. In the meantime, I am just going to share with you places I've been that when I REVISIT will be amazing places to dive (example: my post about my visit to Australia http://twotank.blogspot.com/2008/04/my-time-in-land-down-under.html). If you are lucky enough to already be certified, you may want to check these places out, ASAP.

A place near and dear to my heart is the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/LagunaNiguel/Default.htm The pictures tell it all! Notice how much my pictures look like the pictures on the hotel website? This means that the property is SO beautiful that a horrible shot like me can get a fantastic pic :) This hotel is wonderfully appointed, but very laid back. I love that combo. Don't get me wrong, I love nice stuff, but nothing ruins my vacation like pretentious and snotty. Can I get an amen? The beach was amazing, the multiple pools were awesome, and they had the most unbelievable work-out space I've ever seen. I think it was a three-story glass front to the workout / yoga space that basically had you hovering over the water while you were sweating it out on the treadmill. But, if you just want the most relaxing breakfast of your life, this is the place to go. The Ritz has several breakfast rooms overlooking the ocean. It is just pure bliss. So, to send a little bliss and relaxation into your day, I am including a couple shots from my stay at this amazing property. Has anyone done any diving in the OC? Where should I stay when I come back to visit SoCal?

Hugs and fishes,
Kari

No comments: