Sunday, April 13, 2008

Favorite Dive Movies


Kari's post about Forgetting Sarah Marshall (http://twotank.blogspot.com/2008/04/id-rather-be-in-hawaii.html) got me thinking about movies that remind me of diving. There certainly aren't enough movies shot underwater. I guess it's pretty expensive, and it's probably hard to talk most of the actresses into wearing neoprene and a mask that causes forehead lines. But there are some great movies! I just checked out IMDB for some initial research: Apparently there's a movie called "SCUBA" starring Lloyd Bridges that came out in 1973. Anyone seen it?

And - GET THIS- there's a movie called "National Lampoon's Last Resort: Scuba School" from 1994 - It stars both the Coreys - Corey Haim and Corey Feldman. How did this one escape my notice?? The user review on IMDB is only two words: "Total pukage."

But as far as my top three go:
1. Thunderball - who can beat James Bond?
2. Into The Blue - beautiful photography
3. Lara Croft Tombraider - the Cradle of Life (because she had the coolest diving suit in the world and rode a shark).

As long as they don't harm the sea life, the reefs, or the ecosystem and they don't make a mess, I'm all for underwater movie making.

The girls and I might have to have a SCUBA film festival after the bar! Any recommendations?

xo
Jenny Mo

No comments: