Monday, April 14, 2008

My time in a "Land Down Under"













I spent some time in Australia this past Christmas season and I totally fell in LOVE. Sydney is for lovers, forget Paris :) I am so excited that I am getting my certification this summer because, if all goes as planned, I am spending two weeks in Australia this fall. I cannot even imagine the bliss that will be diving off the Australian shore! Our travel plans are pretty flexible so I'd love some suggestions on where to dive and which dive shops to use. Can't wait until I'm "leaving on a jet plane" and headed back to the land down under :) Here are a few random pics from my last visit... I look forward to your suggestions / tips / fun stories!

Hugs and fishes,
Kari

1 comment:

scubatripp said...

Welcome to the world of diving!
For Australia other than the GBR out to Cairns or Port Douglas and then up to Cod hole and the Coral Sea (live aboard trip) another spot is the USS Yongala considered one of the best wreck dives in the world. http://www.divethereef.com/yongala.asp
If you're headed south the water around Melbourne can be chilly but there's some great stuff there as well.

I'm going to have to keep track of 4 new lawyer gals taking to the water so I've added a link to my blog. Check it out, I'm the other diving blog on Saipan, you've already met Harry!